PLANT LOCATION: Chesapeake, VA Pipe
TITLE: Laborer/Concrete Finisher (47-2051 and 47-2061)
REPORTS TO: Front Line Supervisor
FLSA: Non- Exempt position (hourly). Normal work hours are Monday thru Friday. Overtime, evening or weekend work may be required during heavy production periods.
General Summary of the Position:
Smooth and finish surfaces of poured concrete and make repairs to finished concrete products using a variety of hand and power tools.
- Perform a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor.
- Patch finished concrete product.
- Maintain a clean job site: pick up all tools and equipment and secure job site each day in order to eliminate potential hazards.
- Material handling and storage.
- Load and unload trucks.
- Ensure that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed.Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics:
- Some knowledge of proper use of equipment, materials and supplies used in concrete finishing.
- Knowledge of applicable safety precautions.
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule.
- Ability to lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor.
- Ability to communicate orally.
- Ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely.
- Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
- Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge and ability to perform work.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Willingness and ability to perform manual work following verbal and written instructions.
Working in a maintenance and production environment, with ambient air-conditions, loud noise, dangerous equipment, and variable lighting. Confined Spaces, chemicals: facility management to review complete inventory of MSD’s prior to offering position.
Based on proven work experience, work history, and knowledge of the industry.
Benefits: Health: Dental; Vision: Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Ins.: Short Term Disability: Voluntary Life Ins. (Dependent Coverage), 401k Retirement Program; Legal Shield; Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO).
Concrete Pipe & Precast, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer