PLANT LOCATION: Hanover, VA
TITLE: Form Shop Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Area Manager
General Summary of the Position:
Perform duties as a working supervisor of a form maintenance and fabrication shop. Repair, install, adjust, or maintain industrial production equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacture’s instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Fabricates repair parts and forms by using machine shop instruments and equipment.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Travel will be necessary between sites in order to assist in form/fabrication shop duties and some special projects.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics:
- Strong fabrication skills are required.
- Previous supervisory experience is required.
- 4+ years of manufacturing experience; strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical, welding and industrial skills.
- Must be highly motivated.
- Requires an applicable vocational, community college or college technical degree in industrial/mechanical/electrical machinery power and controls, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience.
- An AA degree in mechanical, electrical, or industrial maintenance a plus.
- Compensation: Commensurate with previous work history and experience.
EQUIPMENT TO BE USED:
- General: Hand Tools, Power Tools, Welders, Ladders, Man-Lift Equipment.
Working in a maintenance and production environment, with ambient air-conditions, loud noise, dangerous equipment, and variable lighting. Dirty and dusty conditions at times which may require respirator protection. Controlled Confined Space work and working with chemicals. Facility manager maintains complete list of SDS’s on site at all times.
- Based on experience and proven work history
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Ins, Short Term Disability, Voluntary Life Ins. (Dependent Coverage), 401k Retirement Program, Legal Shield, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO).
Concrete Pipe & Precast, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer