CONCRETE PIPE & PRECAST, LLC
LOCATION: Mid-Atlantic Sales Territory Jessup, MD
TITLE: Inside Sales Representative
REPORTS TO: Sales Manager
FLSA: Salary Exempt position. Work hours are 40+ hours per week depending on work load and production demand. Overtime and weekend work will be required.
General Summary of the Position:
Markets and sells precast concrete products to the construction industry market.
- Provides takeoffs on civil plans, estimates projects and provides quotations to customers.
- Services existing accounts, obtains orders, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule through telecommunication tools, i.e. telephone, and e mail, on existing or potential sales outlets).
- Accommodates walk in customers, coordinating new orders and random pick up of stock products.
- Submit orders by referring to price lists and product literature.
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly analysis.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Recommends changes in products, services, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Resolves customer complaint by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management, in cooperation with the Customer Service Dept.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional associations.
- Provides historical records by maintaining records on area and customer sales.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics:
- Experience in the precast concrete industry.
- Understands civil engineering plans.
- Strong presentation, communication, organization, and time management skills.
- Self motivated and results oriented.
- Working technical knowledge of precast concrete manufacturing and construction site application of finished product.
- Bachelor’s degree or at least 2 years of sales experience in precast concrete industry.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel.
TYPICAL MENTAL DEMANDS:
This position is multi-faceted requiring good organizational skills to handle a large volume of work. Accuracy is imperative.
Inside Sales Personnel generally work in an office environment with conditioned air and florescent lighting. Occasionally they are required to work in a production environment, or visit job sites with ambient air-conditions, loud noise, dangerous equipment, and variable lighting
Based on proven work experience, work history, and knowledge of the industry.
Benefits: Health: Dental; Vision: Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Ins.: Long Term Disability: Voluntary Life Ins. (Dependent Coverage), 401k Retirement Program; Legal Shield; Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO).
Concrete Pipe & Precast is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer