PLANT LOCATION: Jessup, MD
TITLE: Maintenance Supervisor (51-1011)
REPORTS TO: Plant Manager
FLSA: Salary Exempt position. Work hours are 40+ hours per week depending on work load and production demand.
General Summary of the Position:
Responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain electric/hydraulic/air /PLC controlled, automated reinforced concrete pipe production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
- Perform highly diversified duties including routine and major repairs and maintenance, troubleshooting activities and preventative maintenance to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment including batch plant, conveyors, form equipment, pipe manufacturing and de-molding machinery and all power units and controls associated this heavy industrial manufacturing equipment.
- Must be able to read schematics and blue prints to troubleshoot and solve electronic /mechanical issues. Will need to communicate well with Manufacturing Equipment technical support, via phone and e-mail.
- Monitor all areas for compliance with company safety programs, rules and regulations.
- Familiarity with all state environmental regulations.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and perform scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Perform all other duties as assigned or needed.
- Equipment setup for scheduled production.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics:
- 4+ years of manufacturing experience; strong Electronics, hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical, welding and industrial skills with some PLC experience a plus.
- Must be highly motivated and able to work independently.
- Requires an applicable vocational, community college or college technical degree in industrial/mechanical/electrical machinery power and controls, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience.
- An AA degree in mechanical, electrical, or industrial maintenance a plus.
- Compensation: Commensurate with previous work history and experience.
EQUIPMENT TO BE USED:
- General: Hand Tools, Power Tools, Welders, Ladders, Man-Lift Equipment.
Working in a maintenance and production environment, with ambient air-conditions, loud noise, dangerous equipment, and variable lighting. Dirty and dusty conditions at times which may require respirator protection. Controlled Confined Space work and working with chemicals. Facility manager maintains complete list of SDS’s on site at all times.
Concrete Pipe & Precast, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer