PLANT LOCATION: Jessup, MD
TITLE: Maintenance Technician
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Supervisor
General Summary of the Position- Repair, install, adjust, or maintain industrial production and processing machinery.
• An emphasis on industrial electronic troubleshooting to include understanding of PLC’s and other controllers, use of Multi Meters Amp meters, toners and the ability to demonstrate understanding of electrical schematics.
• Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacture’s instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
• Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
• Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
• Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
• Fabricates repair parts and forms by using machine shop instruments and equipment.
• Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
• Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
• Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
• Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics:
• Tools, materials, methods and practices used in manufacturing equipment; Pneumatic and Hydraulic experience.
• Industrial Electronics and Automation troubleshooting, repair and improvement.
• Occupational hazards and safety precautions.
• Operation of power and manual tools.
• Work varying shifts, weekends, and holidays.
• Effectively handle lifting various heavy objects.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees.
• Follow written and oral instructions.
• Any combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent.
• Industrial Electronics courses, degree or certificate a plus
Compensation is per agreed upon GMP Union minimum rate.
Able to lift 50 pounds.
Concrete Pipe & precast, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer