PLANT LOCATION: Chesapeake Concrete Pipe Plant
TITLE: Office Administrator (43-9061)
REPORTS TO: Plant Manager
FLSA: Non- Exempt position (hourly). Work hours are Monday thru Friday. Overtime evening or weekend work may be required during heavy work periods.
General Summary of the Position:
Responsible for overall front office activities, including the reception area, mail and coordinating office services and related activities. Responsible for arranging internal office moves and providing arrangements for office/production personnel meetings. Other duties as directed by the Facility Manager
- Manages the reception area to ensure effective telephone and mail communications both internally and externally to maintain professional image.
- Responsible for the maintenance and alteration of office areas and equipment, as well as layout, arrangement and housekeeping of office facilities.
- Participates as needed in special department projects.
- Inventory reconciliation and maintenance, production recording and reporting, human resources liaison, weekly payroll reporting and generates, purchases items as directed by the Facility Manager, reconciles purchase orders, processing receivables/invoices to payables and preparing monthly accruals.
- Maintains on-site personnel files, including all hiring documents, orientation training, safety training, job descriptions, job performance reviews, production personnel compensation records, Paid Time Off (PTO) record keeping, disciplinary record keeping.
- Maintains separate medically related files by employee.
- Serves as back-up to delivery dispatcher being capable of managing product delivery scheduling with customers, generating shipping tickets and directing delivery drivers.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics:
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, written and oral.
- Professional appearance and manner.
- Computer literacy, specifically MS Suite.
- Willing to be trained on company preferred software programs.
- Associates degree or equivalent experience.
- At least two years of previous experience in office management.
TYPICAL MENTAL DEMANDS:
- This position is fast-paced and multi-faceted requiring good organizational skills to handle a large volume of work. Accuracy is imperative. Mistakes result in loss of dollars and possible loss of customer. Office Administrators must handle all persons in a calm and polite manner, regardless of person’s disposition.
- Office Administrators generally work in an office environment with conditioned air and florescent lighting. Occasionally Office Administrators occasionally may enter the production environment, with ambient air-conditions, loud noise, dangerous equipment, and variable lighting. Personal Protective Equipment required in all production and loading areas.
- Commensurate with previous work history and experience.
Benefits: Health: Dental: Vision: Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Ins.: Long Term Disability: Voluntary Life Ins. (Dependent Coverage), 401k Retirement Program; Legal Shield; Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO).
Concrete Pipe & Products LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer