PLANT LOCATION: Harrisonburg, VA Plant
TITLE: Product Technician (17-3029)
REPORTS TO: Plant Manager
FLSA: Non-Exempt (hourly). Work hours are generally Monday thru Friday. Overtime and weekend work may be required during heavy production periods.
General Summary of the Position:
The Product Technician is a member of a geographically distributed team that serves a critical role in processing orders for custom precast concrete products manufactured at multiple production facilities.
- Maintain organized files for each assigned project.
- Assemble submittal packages and deliver to customers.
- Determine most economical configuration of precast structures or systems to meet project specific requirements.
- Document correspondence used to support product configuration decisions.
- Use proprietary and commercial software to create production drawings for components produced at multiple production facilities.
- Use basic manual drafting practices to create new or enhance existing drawings for items outside the scope of computer aided tools.
- Coordinate with Sales and Project Coordinators to assure correct products and services are configured.
- Coordinate with Schedulers and Dispatchers to assure timely production and delivery.
- Support production through drawing interpretation and clear communication of project requirements.
- Requisition services and/or materials from internal and external resources as necessary to assemble submittals, complete production details, and fulfill order requirements.Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics:
- Ability to read civil blueprints and interpret relevant specifications.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong aptitude for math.
- Self management of tasks and ability to prioritize work load.
- Basic computer skills including folder navigation and file management.
- Drafting background helpful.
- Any combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Engineering related education beneficial, but degree not required.
Working in an office environment with minor exposure to the production environment. Offices have controlled air conditions with quiet work spaces. Plant and jobsites will have ambient air-conditions, loud noise, dangerous equipment, and variable lighting. Can be exposed to dirty and dusty conditions at times.
Based on proven work experience, work history, and knowledge of the industry.
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Ins, Short Term Disability, Voluntary Life Ins. (Dependent Coverage), 401k Retirement Program, Legal Shield, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO).