CONCRETE PIPE & PRECAST
PLANT LOCATION: Chesapeake Pipe
TITLE: Cage Placement Specialist
REPORTS TO: Production Superintendent
FLSA: Non-Exempt position. Work hours are generally Monday thru Friday. Overtime and weekend work may be required during heavy production periods
General Summary Of The Position:
Place reinforcement cages on an automated Hawkeye Pipe Pro, a concrete pipe manufacturing machine. Inspect finished product and smooth/finish surfaces of poured concrete. Make repairs to finished concrete products as necessary. Working safely in all aspects of the position is a top priority.
- Perform a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor.
- Place reinforcement cages for production.
- Patch finished concrete product.
- Help with cleanup procedure.
- Maintain a clean work area: pick up all tools and equipment and secure work area each day in order to eliminate potential hazards.
- Material handling and storage.
- Ensure that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics:
- Some knowledge of proper use of equipment, materials and supplies used in concrete finishing.
- Knowledge of applicable safety precautions.
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule.
- Ability to lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor.
- Ability to communicate orally.
- Ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely.
- Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
- Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge and ability to perform work.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Willingness and ability to perform manual work following verbal and written instructions.
Working in a maintenance and production environment, with ambient air-conditions, loud noise, dangerous equipment, and variable lighting. Confined Spaces, chemicals: facility management to review complete inventory of MSD’s prior to offering position.
Compensation: Based on proven work experience, work history, and knowledge of the industry.
Benefits: Health: Dental; Vision: Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Ins.: Short Term Disability: Voluntary Life Ins. (Dependent Coverage), 401k Retirement Program; Legal Shield; Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO).
Concrete Pipe & Precast, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer