PLANT LOCATION: Ashland Precast, Ashland, VA
TITLE: Project Coordinator (41-1010)
REPORTS TO: Office Manager
FLSA: Salary Exempt position. Work hours are 40+ hours per week depending on work load and production demand.
General Summary of the Position:
The Project Coordinator (PC) is the main contact person to our customers for all order processing, gathering all specifics for submittal, production, delivery and billing requirements. The PC manages all aspects of the order from beginning to end with accuracy, quality and in a timely manner– takes “OWNERSHIP” of each order. The PC is responsible for the overall satisfaction of the customer.
• Answer all customer request in a prompt and courteous manner.
• Schedule all customer orders to include gathering all information needed promptly
• Following up on all “Submittals” to ensure approved in a timely manner for processing
• Coordinate with sales person, product technician, plant scheduler and dispatcher to assure the customer gets the correct product, on-time.
• Follow-up on job progress at regular intervals.
• Contacts customer about “Billable Specials” deliveries.
• Initiate Corrective Action Request (CASE) when a customer calls with a complaint or problem. Follows up with customer to ensure resolution.
• Assists in scheduling field support visits to resolve any issues.
• Make timely entries into Customer Relationship Management (CRM) application.
• Lead/participate in communication meetings.
• Manages the “Life of the Order” through to delivery
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics:
• The PC is responsible for the overall satisfaction of the customer and for providing a satisfactory experience each time the customer contacts CP&P. As such they are empowered to ensure the customer needs are being met and must escalate to the Office Manager any situation where customer satisfaction is in peril.
• Ability to read/interpret civil engineering plans.
• Ability to read CP&P production drawings.
• Effective leadership/management abilities.
• Effective organizational skills.
• Superior verbal and written communication.
• Interpersonal skills, internal and external customers.
• Knowledge of sales techniques.
• Thorough knowledge of CP&P precast concrete products and their purpose.
• Proficient in CP&P IT systems (Made 2 Manage Business System or similar ERP preferred)
• Ability to effectively manage conflict/crisis.
• Minimum 3 years experience in customer service, project management, or construction site development.
• Familiarity with precast concrete systems preferred.
• Required: High School Diploma
• Preferred: Post secondary education/training;
• General computer office skills; Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
EQUIPMENT TO BE USED:
• Computer (desktop or laptop), office equipment (copier, fax, scanner)
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Essential Job Qualifications Maximum physical requirements during normal job duties % Of
a. Standing: 10
b. Sitting: 80
c. Moving: 20
d. Climbing Ladder: 0
e. Lifting: 50 # max 55
f. Pushing/Pulling: 50 # max 5
g. Reaching: 25
h. Visual Acuity: 100
i. Bending/Stooping: 25
TYPICAL MENTAL DEMANDS:
This position is fast-paced and multi-faceted requiring good organizational skills to handle a large volume of work. Accuracy is imperative. Mistakes result in loss of dollars and possible loss of customer. Project Coordinators must handle all persons in a calm and polite manner, regardless of person’s disposition.
PCs generally work in an office environment with conditioned air and florescent lighting. Occasionally PCs are required to work in a production environment, or visit job sites with ambient air-conditions, loud noise, dangerous equipment, and variable lighting.
Based on proven work history and to commensurate with the immediate area wage ranges.
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Voluntary Life Ins., 401k Retirement Program, Legal Shield, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO).
Concrete Pipe & Precast, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer