PLANT LOCATION: Summerville, SC
TITLE: Quality Control Technician
SALARY RANGE: TBD
REPORTS TO: QC Manager
FLSA: Non-Exempt position (hourly). Work hours are generally Monday thru Friday. Overtime and weekend work will be required during heavy production periods.
General Summary of the Position:
Responsible for the implementation and execution of the Quality Control Program. Inspect, test, sort, sample, and/or weigh raw materials or processed/ machined/ fabricated or assembled products for defects. Use precision measuring instruments and complex test equipment.
- Conduct and document Pre- and Post- Pour Inspections of precast products.
- Conduct and document Final Inspection of product before delivery. Reconcile final inspection documentation for shipments.
- Test and document fresh concrete in accordance with industry standards.
- Test and document hardened concrete in accordance with industry standards.
- Assist in monitoring and arranging for timely calibration and maintenance of QC gauges, scales, machines and other equipment.
- Generate spreadsheets for data collection as needed.
- Interact with government and industry inspectors as needed.
- Monitor quality of, and test conformance to, standards of incoming raw materials.
- Preparing for industry certification inspections (i.e. NPCA Plant Certification)
- Learn the operations of Batch Plant and batching system
- All other duties as assigned by QC, Plant Manager and/ or CP&P QAQC Manager.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics:
- Prefer experience in Quality Control function in concrete manufacturing environment, but willing to consider body of experience
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment to assure delivery requirements.
- Clear communication (oral and written) skills.
- Ability to keep accurate records.
- Ability to follow documented procedures and standards.
- Excellent time-management skills with the ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Knowledge of concrete batching design.
- Ability to frequently lift heavy objects.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician- Grade 1 certification or willingness to be trained for and achieve certification
- NPCA PQS I certification or willingness to be trained for and achieve certification.
- General: Hand tools, power tools, weighing and testing equipment.
Working in a production environment, with ambient air-conditions, loud noise, dangerous equipment, and variable lighting. Chemicals: facility management to review complete inventory of SDS’s prior to offering position.
Based on proven work experience, work history, and knowledge of the industry.
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits offered include: Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Ins, Short Term Disability, Voluntary Life Ins. (Dependent Coverage), FSA Plan, 401k Retirement Plan, Legal & Identity Protection, Accident, Cancer and Health Event Ins, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO).
Concrete Pipe & Precast, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer