PLANT LOCATION: Chesapeake, VA
TITLE: Plant Superintendent (Pipe Pro) (11-3051)
REPORTS TO: Facility Manager
General Summary of the Position:
Direct and manage all plant operations with overall responsibilities for production, maintenance, safety, quality and other production-related activities.
- Works with Facility Manager to implement the Company Safety Program to include training employees, auditing facilities and helping to create and implement Safety Procedures.
- Direct and manage plant operations for production, maintenance, quality and shipping and receiving.
- Coordinate plant activities through the planning with departmental managers to insure the total manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Implement cost effective systems of control over capital, operating expenditures, manpower.
- Manages plant maintenance.
- Establish and monitor overall plant performance for production and quality standards.
- Control and minimize labor overtime, premium freight and repair expenses.
- Maintain existing plant facilities and equipment; makes recommendations to facility manager to replace, or make adjustments to plant facilities and equipment when necessary.
- Provide leadership and training to accomplish the company goals and objectives; with one of the top goals to be safety.
- Implements and maintains preventative maintenance programs.
- Incorporates shop floor organization and plant cleanliness among plant personnel.
- Provides direction, development and leadership to production supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics:
- Computer literacy skills, specifically MS Word for Windows and Excel.
- Good Planning and organizational skills.
- Professional experience and manner.
- Industrial equipment operational knowledge.
- Background with manufacturing methods, process improvement programs and procedures required.
- Concrete batch design.
- Commitment to safety.
At least a High School or Associates Degree or five years front line plant management experience in a precast concrete manufacturing environment.
EQUIPMENT TO BE USED:
- General: Desktop computer, Hand Tools, Power Tools, Welders, Ladders, Man-Lift Equipment and other Mobile Equipment.
Working in a concrete production environment, with ambient air-conditions, loud noise, dangerous equipment, and variable lighting. Dirty and dusty conditions at times which may require respirator protection. Non Permit Confined Space work and working with chemicals. Facility manager maintains complete list of SDS’s on site at all times.
Based on proven work experience, work history, and knowledge of the industry.
Benefits: Health: Dental; Vision: Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Ins.: Long Term Disability: Voluntary Life Ins. (Dependent Coverage), 401k Retirement Program; Legal Shield; Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO).
Concrete Pipe & Precast, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer