CONCRETE PIPE & PRECAST, LLC
PLANT LOCATION: Main Office Hanover
TITLE: Technical Marketing Engineer – CP&P Geographical Areas (NC, SC & GA)
SALARY RANGE: TBD
REPORTS TO: President/CEO
FLSA: Salary Exempt. Work hours are over 40+ per week. Frequent weekly travel required with occasional overnight stays.
General Summary of the Position:
The Technical Marketing Engineer will market and promote the use of reinforced concrete pipe and other precast concrete products to the various industry markets. This position will serve as the subject matter expert for potential customers, existing customers, state/ local agencies and others by providing knowledge, leadership and commitment to customer service. This position will service the geographical areas that include North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia.
- Promoting the use of reinforced concrete pipe and other precast concrete products
- Ability to develop, establish and maintain marketing strategies to meet the Industrial Concrete markets business objectives
- Must work closely with engineering consultants, contractors and government/state officials in providing engineering expertise and problem-solving advice
- Reports directly to the President of CP&P
- Provide presentations and training to potential customers, local and state agencies
- Work closely with Regional Sales Mangers in promoting existing and future products
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Recommends changes in products, services, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Participation in state contract associations/organizations in each CP&P state (e.g. RAMCA, HCCA and Carolinas AGC )
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics:
- 2 years professional selling experience in building materials industry.
- Strong presentation, communication, organization, and time management skills.
- Self motivated and results oriented.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office: PowerPoint
- Must be willing to travel 50% of time each week.
- Preferred, Bachelor’s in Engineering or Marketing along with 2years of sales experience in precast concrete industry, or related fields.
- Valid Driver’s License with a submittal of a driving transcript.
Working in an office & field service environment with minor exposure to the production environment. Offices are a controlled air conditions with quite work spaces. Plants and jobsites can have ambient air-conditions, loud noise, dangerous equipment, and variable lighting. Can be exposed to dirty and dusty conditions at times while at jobsites.
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits offered include: Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Ins, Short and Long Term Disability, Voluntary Life Ins. (Dependent Coverage), FSA Plan, 401k Retirement Plan, Legal & Identity Protection, Accident, Cancer and Health Event Ins, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO).
CONCRETE PIPE AND PRECAST, LLC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER